Nothing is more important for our physical and mental wellbeing than sleep. Yet according to NHS statistics, over a third of people frequently suffer from insomnia and one in five adults report having difficulty getting to sleep every night.
On this 6 week CBT-based course you will learn
- How we get wired NOT to sleep.
- The importance of quality rather than quantity of sleep
- About food, exercise and other influences on how well we sleep.
- The role of rhythm and routine in improving sleep
- A range of different techniques that have been proven to improve sleep
This is an approach that research has demonstrated improves how well people sleep. The course involves participatory exercises and sharing circles. You will also be required to keep a ‘sleep diary’ and engage in other practices and exercises between sessions. There will be a follow-up session approximately three months after the course ends, to check it is still working and to clarify and reinforce the learning.
I am intending to begin running this course in September 2022 on Zoom given sufficient interest. If you would like to participate in this course please contact me.